Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quickly

Just a quick update on what I have been doing.

I've been polishing and reading juvenile river herring otoliths for most of the last two weeks, or at least since the last time I posted anything.  At some point I will post pictures and give a write up of the method with some suggestions about how to go about working with tiny river herring otoliths.

This week I will be attending the 35th Annual Larval Fish Conference being held in Wilmington NC.  I'm really looking forward to it, I have never been to Wilmington and I hear it's awesome.  Also, my primary fisheries interest is early life history so the conference is right up my alley.  I am presenting a poster at the conference so if you are there check it out.  I may try to post something while in Wilmington, but if I cannot I will recap the event in retrospect.

In the meantime check out this site created by students in the lab of Dr. Anthony Overton dedicated to their work on larval river herring in the Chowan River.  The site is pretty new but it already has a lot of interesting content.  Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment